Grilled Vegetable Lasagne / Lasagne alla Griglia con Verdure
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, washed and sliced into ¼ -inch-thick rounds
1 pound eggplant, washed and cut into ¼ -inch-thick rounds
1 large onion, unpeeled and cut into quarters
Colavita™ Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or olive oil spray
3 cups prepared tomato sauce
8 no-boil lasagne sheets (6 ½ x 7 inches)
Fine sea salt to taste Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
Preheat the grill
- Spray or brush the vegetables on both sides lightly with Filippo Berio olive oil. Grill the vegetables in batches if necessary until soft and grill marks appear. Turn once during the cooking time. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Remove the skin from the onion and cut it into thin slices. Set the vegetables aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce in a 13 ½ x 9-inch Pyrex or other similar baking dish. Place two lasagne sheets side by side in the pan. Make a single layer of eggplant over the sheets. Scatter a third of the sliced onion over the eggplant. Salt and pepper the layer and spread ½ cup of tomato sauce over it. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese evenly over the top. Cover the eggplant layer with two more lasagne sheets.
- Make a single layer of zucchini over the sheets. Scatter on half of the remaining onion, season with salt and pepper, and spread another ½ cup of tomato sauce over. Place two more sheets of lasagne noodles over the tomato sauce and make the final layer of vegetables with the remaining zucchini and eggplant. Scatter on the rest of the onion, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons fo the cheese, and ½ cup of the tomato sauce. Cover with the final two sheets of lasagne noodles, spread the remaining sauce over the top, and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the sauce.
- Tightly cover the dish with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake until the noodles are soft, 35 to 40 minutes. Let the lasagne sit for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces. Serve immediately.
No comments on this recipe.