Homemade Tomato Soup
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 ounces unsalted butter, cubed
- Two 28-ounce cans crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 loaf cubed Italian bread (Focaccia preferred)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons julienned basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a stock pot. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the tomatoes and chicken stock. Simmer for at least an hour.
- Add the cubed bread. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside until cool; then puree until smooth.
- When ready to serve, bring the soup to a simmer. Add basil and parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of soft goat cheese and chive crostini, if desired.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2926.
No comments on this recipe.