Italian Style Chopped Salad
Chopped salads are in the spotlight and as the name implies, the ingredients are chopped and sometimes so minutely that a forkful contains a bit of everything.
- 6 tbsp EVOO
- 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt to taste
- grinding black pepper to taste
- Salad Ingredients
- 1 small bunch asparagus, stalks cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 small hearts of romaine, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 2 cups chopped radicchio
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pearl mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup pitted whole or sliced brine or oil cured green olives
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together and set aside. Place the asparagus in a small pot of boiling water and blanche them for 2 minutes. Drain, dry and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, arrange the salad ingredients in separate piles next to each other. Drizzle the dressing evenly over the top. Toss at the table. Serve.
No comments on this recipe.