Joe Faro’s Bolognese Sauce
- 1 lb diced pancetta
- For the Soffritto: One each, onion, carrot, celery, finely diced,
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 2 lb Ground Pork
- 3 cups San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tsp Salt
- Heat a large sauté pan and add onion, cook until transparent. Add pancetta and cook until crispy.
- Add celery, then carrots, then tomato Paste and cook for 5 minutes. Then add red wine.
- Add Beef and Pork and cook until browned.
- Add salt, then San Marzano Tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Consistency should be thick.
This recipe was featured on Season 30 - Episode 3001.