Lazy Lasagna / Lasagne Pigre
Layered lasagne sheets filled with a slathering of ricotta cheese, spinach, and grated parmesan cheese are baking, all nestled together under a blanket of tomato sauce.
And the nice thing is that it takes only 10-minutes when you use no-boil lasagne sheets, tomato sauce made ahead, and frozen veggies on hand.
Makes two 9-inch-square pans, enough for each to serve 4-6
- 2 (oz) containers skim milk ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 large eggs oregg whites
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- coarse black pepper to taste
- 4 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 10 no-boil lasagne sheets (suggest Del Verde brand)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, eggs or egg whites, spinach, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of the grated cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Ladle 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce in each of the 2 pans and spread thinly. Place one lasagne sheet on top of the sauce and spread 1/2 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture over the top in each pan.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the grated cheese over each pan. Add another lasagne sheet and repeat the process, making 3 layers of ricotta cheese and sauce. Divide and sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top of the last layer. Top with the last lasagne sheet and spread on the remaining sauce.
- Cover each pan tightly with aluminum foil and place the pans on baking sheets to catch any drips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting to allow the noodles to firm up. Cut into squares and serve.
- If you plan on freezing one pan, allow the pan to cool completely. Then wrap it tightly in another sheet of foil and freeze it up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1720.