Lemon Salad / Insalata di Limoni
- 4 large lemons, (Meyer lemons if possible) washed, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for bread slices
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh minced mint leaves plus whole for garnish
- 4 thick slices good Italian bread
- In a bowl combine everything except the bread slices. Toss ingredients well, cover and allow to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan and brown the bread slices on both sides.
- Place a slice on each of 4 salad dishes and top with the lemon salad; garnish with mint leaves.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2916.
No comments on this recipe.