Linguine with Lemon and Cream / Linguine al Limone e Panna
Maybe you need only enough pasta for one or two people. Treat yourself to this zippy linguine with lemon, ham, and Parmesan cheese.
Saving time: Grate enough cheese to store in the refrigerator. Grated zests can be frozen and kept in small sandwich bags for future use. Invest in a Microplane zester, available in kitchen stores and online.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto or ham, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream or nonfat half-and-half
- Coarse black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 pound linguine
- Melt the butter in a 12-inch sauté pan. Add the prosciutto or ham and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the broth and cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Stir in the cream and cook over low heat for 2 minutes. Add black pepper to taste. Keep the sauce covered and warm while the linguine is cooking.
- Cook the linguine according to the directions on box.
- Transfer the linguine to the pan with the sauce; stir well over medium heat. Stir in the cheese. Transfer the linguine to a serving platter. Serve hot.
No comments on this recipe.