Little Gem Salad
For this salad, the leaves should be super crunchy; use hearts of Romaine if Little Gem is not available.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced spring onion
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper
- 4 heads Little Gem orhearts of Romaine lettuce
- Shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, parsley and spring onions.
- Cut the lettuce heads in half lengthwise leaving them attached to the core.
- Place 2 halves of Little Gem or one half head of Romaine cut side up on each of 4 salad plates.
- Drizzle each cut head with some of the dressing. Divide and sprinkle the tops of each with the cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2807.
Making this for my Father for Father’s Day. He enjoys eating his salad after the meal so this is perfect.
Can’t wait to try the “little gem salad”. Although it doesn’t seem difficult, it’s going to be delicious and look very special.