Little Gem Salad
For this salad, the leaves should be super crunchy; use hearts of Romaine if Little Gem is not available.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced spring onion
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper
- 4 heads Little Gem orhearts of Romaine lettuce
- Shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper, parsley and spring onions.
- Cut the lettuce heads in half lengthwise leaving them attached to the core.
- Place 2 halves of Little Gem or one half head of Romaine cut side up on each of 4 salad plates.
- Drizzle each cut head with some of the dressing. Divide and sprinkle the tops of each with the cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2807.