Mantovana di Prato
- 5 ounces butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs plusyolk
- 6 ounces sugar
- 1 Zest and juice oflarge lemon
- 6 ounces unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- Confectioners sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 inch cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, egg yolk and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in lemon juice and zest. Whisk in the cooled butter and half of the almonds.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and add to the egg mixture, incorporating it well.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Sprinkle top with remaining almonds.
- Bake 35 minutes or untl cake is set. Cool completely then sprinkle heavily with confectioners sugar.
- Cut into wedges
- item recipe is featured in Episode 2403 of Season 24.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2403.
No comments on this recipe.