Marinated Beet and Cauliflower Salad
Who wants to cook when it’s hot? Think salads because they are fast to put together, refreshing on hot days and can be a complete meal depending on what is in your refrigerator. For a vegetarian version, how about this marinated beet and cauliflower salad with arugula, spinach, avocado, celery and nuts?
- Serves 4
- 1/2 cup plus extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salad Mixture
- 3 cooked yellow beets, cut into small dice
- 2 cups cooked small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup torn arugula leaves
- 1 cup torn spinach leaves
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 1 avocado cut into slices
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- Handful of nuts
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl and pour dressing over the top.
- Mix well, serve immediately.
No comments on this recipe.