Meat and Zucchini Meatballs/Polpette con le Zucchine al Forno
Yield: About 20 small meatballs
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and wrapped in paper towels; change paper several times to draw excess moisture from the squash
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 egg
- I clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Grana Padano or Montasio cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Small bunch parsley, minced
- 4 orfresh mint leaves, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine the zucchini, poultry, egg, cheese, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, minced garlic, parsley, mint, and salt. Mix as for meatballs.
- Form a small ball and fry it to test for taste. Add salt if necessary. Refrigerate the mixture covered for 30 minutes.
- Place remaining crumbs on a dish and form small malt ball size balls and roll them in the crumbs.
- Brush olive oil a rimmed non-stick baking sheet and place the meatballs in single layers on the sheet.
- Bake until nicely browned, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2418.