Minestrone - Episode 2716
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 pound chunk Fortuna sopressata or finocchiona
- 2 carrots,inch dice
- 2 medium zucchini,inch dice
- 1 cup green beans, cut into thirds
- 2 potatoes, peeled,inch dice
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can well rinsed cannellini beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Several fresh basil leaves, torn into bits
- 2 tablespoons pesto (Optional)
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano for sprinkling
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot and add the onion, garlic and the sopressata or finocchiona and cook until the onion softens.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, beans, and potatoes and mix well. Cook covered for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add tomato juice, broth and, if necessary, enough water to cover the mixture. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Add the cannellini beans and cook a couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the basil leaves or stir in a couple of tablespoons pesto sauce, if desired.
This recipe was featured on Season 27 - Episode 2716.
Delicious 😊yummi,yummi. Waiting for more recipes. Thanks