Serves 4 to 6
- 12 eggs
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese, well drained (sheep’s milk is classic)
- 2 - 4 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 ounces grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons or more of olive oil
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk until foamy; stir in ricotta cheese, mint, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick 12-inch sauté pan. Pour in the egg mixture and pat evenly. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until top starts to solidify and the omelet moves in one piece when the pan is shaken.
- Invert the frittata out onto a large plate, then slide back into the pan to cook the other side.
- Slide the frittata out onto a large serving dish; garnish with mint leaves; cut into wedges to serve with extra virgin olive oil on the side.
This recipe was featured on Season 27 - Episode 2707.
No comments on this recipe.