Mushroom and Cheese Crostini with Thyme
- 1 stick butter
- 4 thick slices of country style bread like sourdough, semolina or boule
- ½ Pound fresh mushrooms, wiped clean, stems trimmed and mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Brie cheese, cut into bits
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saute pan and brown the bread slices on both sides. Transfer them to a dish.
- Melt the remaining butter in the same pan and slowly cook the mushrooms until they begin to give off their water and turn golden brown. If the pan seems dry, add more butter.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle the cheese and the thyme over the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a top on the pan and allow the cheese to melt.
- Divide and spread the mushroom mixture over the bread slices. Serve warm.