Mushroom Carpaccio Salad
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice two lemons
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili pepper
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 pound meaty mushrooms (porcini or king oyster or button), cleaned trimmed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Shavings of Asiago cheese
- In a bowl whisk the 1/4 cup olive oil with the lemon juice, garlic, salt, chili pepper and fresh ground pepper.
- Place the mushroom slices in a rectangular casserole and pour the dressing over them. Cover and allow to marinate a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter and sprinkle the parsley over them.
- In a bowl, mix the arugula with the remaining olive oil and season with salt.
- Mound the arugula on top of the mushrooms in the center of the platter. Sprinkle the shavings of cheese over the top and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 27 - Episode 2718.
No comments on this recipe.