Mushroom Omelet / Frittata di Funghi
SERVES 4 to 6
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago or provolone cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms cleaned, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper paste*
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and cheese together. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 9 inch non stick oven-proof sauté pan. Cook the mushrooms until they are slightly browned and have given off all their liquid. Add the parsley, salt and red pepper paste and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to simmer.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the mushrooms. Place the frittata in the oven and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and nicely browned.
- Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.
- *You may use store-bought (Try Amore brand.) or see our recipe for Hot Red Pepper Pesto.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2109.
No comments on this recipe.