Mussel and Potato Salad
- Serves 4
- 5 pounds fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 1 tied bunch parsley
- 4 medium size Yukon Gold potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded lettuce or fennel
- Place the mussels in a large pan; add the wine and parsley. Cover and cook over medium heat until mussels open; discard any that do not open. Drain mussels and when cool, shuck and place them in a bowl.
- Add the diced potatoes
- In a separate bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients. Pour over mussels and potatoes and toss gently. Serve on bed of shredded lettuce or fennel
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2908.