Nonna Galasso’s Fried Ricotta with Salad Tomatoes on Crostini
- 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound good quality ricotta cheese, well drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fried bread slices like ciabatta or semolina
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the oil, the vinegar and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Divide the ricotta into 4 equal portions and press each portion into a small oiled aluminum cupcake tin (available in grocery stores). Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and carefully invert filled tins into the oil, squeezing slightly on the tin to release the ricotta mold. Fry over medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side until browned.
- Line 4 salad plates with a slice of the fried bread and top each with a ricotta mold. Scatter the tomatoes around the plate and drizzle a little olive oil over the top of the ricotta. Add a grinding of pepper and parsley over the top and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2903.
No comments on this recipe.