Nutella and Banana Valentine Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 tsp Active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups Warm water
- 3 1/2 - 3 3/4 cups Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Nutella
- 2-3 Large bananas sliced into 1/4" which rounds
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1/2-cup warm (110F) water. Allow the yeast to proof until it is foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 cup warm water, combining it well with the yeast. Add 3 cups of the flour and the salt. Mix the dough with your hands or use a mixer with a dough hook, adding the remaining flour as needed to make dough that holds together.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it for about 10 minutes, or until the dough is soft and not sticky. Grease a bowl with the olive oil. Put the dough in the bowl and turn a few times to coat with the oil. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Punch down the dough and knead it for a few minutes on a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough in half and roll each out on a floured surface into a 12-inch diameter and place the rounds on lightly oiled 13-inch pizza pans. Turn in the edges of the dough about 1/2 inch to form a rim. You can stretch the dough to fit an even larger pan if you wish.
- Blind bake the pizzas until they puff up and are golden brown. Transfer them to a cooling rack and when warm, spread the Nutella over the top of each one and arrange the banana slices on top of the Nutella.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- Another option is to make personal size pizza by dividing the dough into 8 equal pieces and stretching each one into a 6-inch diameter.