Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups pitted mixed oil cured olives (red, black and green mix)
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced walnuts
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Fried baguette slices
- Add olives and garlic to bowl of a food processor and pulse until semi-finely chopped. Add the olive oil while processing to create a pesto consistency. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the walnuts, cheese and thyme. Add a grinding of black pepper.
- Serve on crostini or use the pesto as a sauce for pasta.
This recipe was featured on Season 27 - Episode 2713.