Orecchiette with Green Cauliflower / Orecchiette con Cime di Cola
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 1 medium head green cauliflower, stemmed and separated into small florets
- 6 ounces lard (pancetta can be substituted or even olive oil)
- Grated Pecorino cheese
- Salt to taste
- Cook the cauliflower in the pasta pot first until tender; remove the flowerets with a slotted spoon and set aside. Use the same pot and water to cook the orecchiette.
- Cook the pancetta in a small sauté pan until it begins to render its fat. Keep warm.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the cauliflower in a large platter. Pour the pancetta over the top and mix well. Sprinkle liberally with the cheese and mix again. Taste for salt. Add accordingly.
- Serve hot
- Variation; warm the olive oil in a small saucepan and use instead of the pancetta to dress the dish.
This recipe was featured on Season 16 - Episode 1613.
No comments on this recipe.