Orecchiette with Rape / Orecchiette con Cime di Rapa
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 1/2 cup , or more to taste, Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Pecorino cheese for sprinkling
- Optional ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Gaeta olives, chopped
- 3 tomashed anchovies
- Cook the broccoli rape in abundant salted water in a large pasta pot, uncovered. Use a slotted spoon or sieve to scoop the rape out of the water drain it into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Cook the orecchiette in the same pot and drain. Return the empty pasta pot to the heat. Pour in 1/2 cup olive oil; heat and stir in the minced garlic. If you are adding the optional ingredients, add them to the pot now. Cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in the rape and pasta, and mix well. Add more oil if the mixture seems dry. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour onto a serving platter and serve immediately with grated Pecorino for sprinkling over the top.
This recipe was featured on Season 6 - Episode 601.
No comments on this recipe.