Orechiette with Broccoli Rabe
MAKES ENOUGH TO SERVE WITH 1 1/2 TO 2 POUNDS PASTA
This sauce is excellent served with orecchiette.
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, washed and stemmed
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 10 anchovies, diced
- 1/2 cup Gaeta olives, coarsely chopped
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the broccoli rabe uncovered in 4 cups of salted, boiling, water for 5 minutes. Drain well in a colander. Coarsely chop the broccoli and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Sauté the garlic, anchovies. Add the gaeta olives, simmer five minutes. Add broccoli rape, hot red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. Set aside and keep warm while the pasta cooks.
- Combine with cooked, drained orecchiette or other chunky pasta.
- Recipe featured in program 2521
This recipe was featured on Season 25 - Episode 2521.