Osso Bucco with Gremolata Sauce
- Osso Bucco
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (plus extra as needed)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 beef shanks
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Gremolata Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 small bunch parsley, stemmed
- 1 Zest oflarge lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan large enough to hold the 4 shanks in a single layer. Add the onion and cook slowly stirring often for about 5 minutes. Transfer the onions to a bowl and set aside.
- Make a few slits around the outside of each shank to prevent them from curling while cooking. Season each one with salt and pepper and shake each one in flour.
- Brown the shanks on both sides in the pan over medium high heat. Add more butter if necessary. Return the onions to the pan along with the wine and when the wine has evaporated, add the broth, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, turning the meat occasionally until it is fork tender. Serve with the risotto alla Milanese.
- Prepare the gremolata:
- Mince the garlic with the parsley and grated lemon zest. Mix together, then sprinkle over the meat and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve the shanks in individual dishes, accompanied with risotto alla Milanese.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2312.
When I search for a recipe, it comes up with a page with no recipe? I put a search in for Osso Bucco and it just shows the recipe name with no recipe.