Paccheri with Sundried Tomatoes
I demonstrated this sauce for guests at a dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel in Boston. the looks on peoples’ faces, it was a winner. This dense sauce can be made in minutes. Be sure to toss and coat the pasta well with the sauce.
MAKES 1 CUP
- 1/4 cup Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 anchovies in olive oil, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- -- or make your own
- 4 tablespoons dry red wine
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
- 1 pound paccheri, rigatoni, spaghetti, or the pasta of your choice
- 3 tbsp Pesto
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and anchovies. Stir with a wooden spoon until the anchovies dissolve in the oil. Add the capers, tomatoes and wine, and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse until the tomatoes are in small bits. Season with black pepper to taste.
- Return the sauce to the skillet and reheat just before serving.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. When done, drain well and add the pasta to the skillet with the sauce and stir well. Transfer to a platter, add dollops of pesto, and serve immediately, passing the grated cheese for sprinkling along with it.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2019.