- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus the zest of one lemon
- 2 cups amaretti cookies, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the Parmesan cheese, mascarpone cheese, 2 egg yolks and sugar. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix well to incorporate. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, then gently fold egg whites into the cheese mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the amaretti cookie crumbs, almonds, sugar and melted butter until a crust-like mixture forms. Grease a 9-by-3-inch spring-form pan with butter and press the crust mixture into the bottom, bringing it about 2 inches up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the baked crust and return it to the oven for another 25 to 30 minutes, until it is nearly set in the middle when shaken, and slightly puffy.
- Cool on rack and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2816.
No comments on this recipe.