Pasta and Egg Soup With Spinach / Zuppa di Pastina all'Uovo e Spinaci
Children love this nourishing soup that takes minutes to prepare with canned, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth. But if you want to make it using homemade broth use the easy recipe in our Ciao Italia Recipe Box and freeze it for future use.
- Saving More Time: Cleaned packaged spinach is in the produce section all ready to use.
- 2 quarts prepared low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups Pastina pasta
- 2 cups washed spinach leaves torn into pieces or 1 package frozen spinach,
- defrosted, and well drained.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Bring the broth to a boil in a soup pot, stir in the pastina and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook just until it wilts. If using frozen spinach, stir it in and cook 1 minute.
- Whisk the eggs and cheese together in a soup tureen or deep bowl.
- Pour hot soup slowly into the tureen making sure to stir constantly. The heat will cook the egg.
This recipe was featured on Season 17 - Episode 1703.