Approximately 6 dozen – Serves 12 as a first course
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon cooked and pureed beets
- Pinch salt
- 1 pound spinach, wilted, squeezed dry and minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (preferably homemade)
- 2 tablespoons grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup minced Prosciutto di Parma
- Grinding nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 6 orfresh sage leaves, minced
- Grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Combine eggs, beets, flour and salt to make a pasta dough. Cover and let rest.
- In a bowl combine all the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the sage leaves. Keep warm or make just before serving.
- Roll out sheets of pasta and cut into 3 x 2 inch rectangles. Place a teaspoon of the filling in the center or each one. Fold the dough over on itself and seal the edge then roll over on itself again and twist the two ends like a caramel candy wrapper.
- Place on towel lined trays. When ready to cook bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Cook the caramelle until al dente, then drain and toss in the butter sauce. Serve with grated cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 24 - Episode 2414.
No comments on this recipe.