Patrizia's Farfalle with Pesto and Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup Filippo Berio extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 16oz jar of your favorite prepared tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 pound Farfalle pasta
- In a food processor, combine the basil and garlic and process to a coarse puree. Add the cheese and process to blend. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin steady stream through the feed tube. Add the pine nuts and blend the mixture until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- In a pasta pot full of salted boiling water, cook the farfalle until al dente. Drain the pasta and add it to the platter. Add pesto sauce and tomato sauce in lengthwise stripes. Sprinkle the roasted pine nuts over the top. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 15 - Episode 1504.
No comments on this recipe.