Patti-Fortuna Stannard's Sausage Casalinga with Fettucine
Serves 5 – 6
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/2 pound Fortuna’s sweet or hot Italian Sausage - casing removed
- 1/4 pound of each of the following cut 1/4 inch thick, then julienned:
- Fortuna’s Soupy
- Coppa – Dry Cured Capicola
- 2 28 ounce cans of whole plum tomatoes
- 1 12 ounce can artichoke hearts in water, rinsed and drained
- 2 whole scallions, sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, drained
- Chopped fresh basil to taste
- Grated Parmigianino Reggiano or Romano Pecorino cheese, to taste
- 1 pound fresh pasta of your choice
- In a deep sauté pan, add olive oil, fresh garlic and Italian sausage and stir frequently until sausage is just about fully cooked, about 5 - 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add other meats and brown a bit more so that all the flavors blend.
- Add the plum tomatoes and let the pot simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, scallions and peas; heat until fully warmed, then add the basil.
- Meanwhile platter your pasta of choice. (Consider Fortuna’s Fettuccine!)
- Ladle fresh meat sauce on top; sprinkle with grated cheese and serve!
- This sauce is best if made ahead and then let rest a few hours in the refrigerator, then reheated or make ahead and freeze.
- See all Fortuna’s products
This recipe was featured on Season 27 - Episode 2716.