Penne in Red Wine Sauce
- 4 ounces walnut pieces
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces shredded radicchio
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Grinding black pepper
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, cut into bits
- 12 ounces penne
- Toast the walnuts in a non stick skillet until they are fragrant; set aside.
- Pour the wine into a saucepan, bring to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and reduce it by 1/3.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Stir in the pancetta and cook it just until it begins to brown. Stir in the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic softens. Stir in the radicchio and parsley and cook for 2 or 3 minutes or just until the radicchio wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the wine and keep the sauce covered and warm while the penne cook.
- Add the cheese to a serving platter. Set aside.
- Cook the penne al dente, drain and add them to the sauce. Raise the heat and mix all the ingredients until very hot.
- Transfer the mixture to the serving bowl and toss well to combine with the cheese. Serve hot.
- Recipe featured in Program 2520
This recipe was featured on Season 25 - Episode 2520.