Penne with Ricotta and Green Beans/Penne con la Salsa di Ricotta
SERVES 4 to 6
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/2 pound fresh ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese plus extra to pass at the table.
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper to taste
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a pasta pot. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and add the beans; cook just until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and place the beans in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Add the penne to the pot and cook until al dente.
- While it is cooking, melt the butter in a sauce pan and stir in the ricotta cheese, salt, oregano and half of the pecorino cheese. Ladle 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water into the sauce and mix well. Add the green beans. Cover and keep warm.
- Drain the pasta and toss with ricotta mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2118.