Penne with Uncooked Tomato-Olive Sauce / Penne ai Pomodori Crudi
SERVES 4 TO 6
This summertime, no-cook tomato sauce is perfect for penne served at room temperature.
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup mixed pitted olives in oil, drained and cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons capers in salt, rinsed and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup parsley, minced
- 6 orlarge basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Coarse black pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne
- Early in the day combine the tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic, parsley, basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Cover and set aside to marinate at room temperature.
- Cook the penne al dente, drain it, and toss it with the tomato mixture. Serve at room temperature.
- For variety, add chopped red and yellow bell peppers and cooked, diced artichoke hearts.
No comments on this recipe.