Potato Salad with Oregano, Messina Style
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, torn into bits
- Wash and dry the potatoes and poke them in several places with a small knife. Microwave them according to the baked potato setting. Cool and peel.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds and layer them in a rectangular serving dish. Sprinkle the olives and tomatoes over the slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Pour the dressing over the potato salad and scatter the oregano leaves over the top.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for several hours before serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2826.