Potato Salad with Oregano, Messina Style
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, torn into bits
- Wash and dry the potatoes and poke them in several places with a small knife. Microwave them according to the baked potato setting. Cool and peel.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds and layer them in a rectangular serving dish. Sprinkle the olives and tomatoes over the slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper together. Pour the dressing over the potato salad and scatter the oregano leaves over the top.
- Cover and marinate at room temperature for several hours before serving.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2826.
You can just boil the potatoes whole in the jackets, standard recipe style. Maryann just started the segment saying how she hated boiling potatoes so she developed this method.
Ca you use dried oregano as a substitute for fresh?
Hi Mary Ann, do you have an alternative to microwaving the potatoes b/c I don’t have one and I want to try this salad?