Pureed Leek, Carrot and Potato Soup / Passato di Porri e Carote
A lovely passato (pureed soup) is made with simple ingredients already on hand.
- 5 ounces butter
- 2 cups small bread cubes
- 2 leeks, dark green tops removed and discarded, leeks washed and diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups hot vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small non stick sauté pan. Add the bread cubes and brown them. Transfer them to absorbent paper and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter in a soup pot; add the leeks, carrots and potatoes and cook until soft but not brown. Add the broth, bring to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and cook 30 minutes. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If the soup is too thick, stir in just enough milk to thin it down. Serve it hot with a sprinkling of parsley and croutons.
This recipe was featured on Season 20 - Episode 2009.
Very easy to make. I tried it in a bread bowl and was absolutely delighted.
Have some cooking right now. No salt or pepper? Also, desire nutrition information not on your web page…just a little more time consuming determining it myself from the individual items. Watch your show every morning and appreciate all the great recipe ideas especially the tips and techniques you provide.
Love your show. Decided to try your soup for thanksgiving. Tastes great. I think my family will love it. You are an inspiration. Enjoy your holiday.
5 oz butter? Is that 10 TBS? Seems like a lot for a soup
Excellent soup, and such an easy recipe. It was wonderful on a rainy day in California.