Red Pepper Spread - Episode 2323
Here is a delicious red pepper multi-purpose spread or dip for your next party. Use it to top bruschetta; use it to mix into hot rice or as a sauce for rigatoni or spaghetti. This delicious combination can be made 5 days ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 2 pounds red bell peppers (about 6 large), washed*
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup whole shelled pistachio nuts
- 4 sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained plus 1 tablespoon of the oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes or 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and roast them until the skins start to blacken, turning once during roasting.
- While the peppers are roasting, pulse the garlic and nuts in food processor until the mixture is coarse.
- Cool the peppers then remove and discard the skins and core. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a paper towel.
- Chop the peppers coarsely and add them together with tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and hot pepper flakes and pulse to combine the mixture. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the salt.
- Serve with slices of Italian bread that have been grilled or sautéed with a brushing of olive oil or as a dip or garnish with vegetables.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2323.
No comments on this recipe.