Red Salad / L'Insalata Rossa
- 1/2 cup red lentils (3/4 cup cooked)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups red lettuce, washed and shredded*
- 2 cups thinly shredded radicchio
- 1/4 cup diced red onion or 2 tablespoons dried red onion flakes
- 3 orsmall to medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 small cooked red beets, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced mint
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place lentils in a pan and cover with the broth; bring to a boil, lower heat and cook covered until lentils are tender, about 5 to 8 minutes. Drain and place in a bowl. Add the lettuce, radicchio, onions, radishes, mint and beets and combine well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the salt, olive oil and vinegar; whisk to create an emulsion. Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine well. Pour the remaining dressing over the lentils and mix to combine.
- Divide the salad evenly between four individual dishes and serve.
- *Order your lettuce seeds here: https://www.growitalian.com/lettuce-lollo-rossa/
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2923.
No comments on this recipe.