Rice and Asparagus Soup / Zuppa di Riso e Asparagi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into I-inch diagonal pieces
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and cook the onion until soft.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in the water and add it to the pan with the salt and pepper. Add the asparagus, cover, and simmer until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil. Add the rice, reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until the rice is al dente, about 15 minutes.
- Add the asparagus mixture to the rice and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with cheese.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2921.
No comments on this recipe.