Roasted Butternut Squash with Hazelnuts and Sage Sauce
Here is a great accompaniment to roast pork. Use butternut squash to approximate the flavor of zucca gialla.
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm honey
- 1 medium size butternut squash, peeled and seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt to taste
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the oil, honey and salt in a large bowl. Add chunks of squash and toss to coat well.
- Spread on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in small saucepan and add the sage leaves. Turn off heat and let steep. When squash is cooked toss with the butter mixture in a bowl; sprinkle with nuts and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2313.