SERVES 4 TO 6
- 1 medium head cauliflower, outer leaves removed and core trimmed to allow cauliflower to sit upright
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or hot red pepper paste
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Microwave the cauliflower on high power for 5 minutes
- Brush a cast iron skillet or pie pan with olive oil and place the cauliflower in the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, tomato paste, oregano, salt and red pepper paste or dried pepper flakes. Paint the cauliflower all over with the olive oil mixture and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife easily pierces it.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2824.