Roasted Hot Cherry Tomato Sauce
Love is in the air and lots of people are seeing red. Me too – as in “oh how I would love a juicy red tomato right now!” But all is not lost because doctoring up cherry tomatoes can come to the rescue for Valentine’s Day. Use this overt short cuts of pasta like bowties, penne and rigatoni.
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin ollve oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp hot red pepper, minced (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 6 to 8 basil leaves torn into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the salt and sugar.
- Spread the tomatoes on a large baking sheet and bake them for 35 to 40 minutes, or until they are half their original size and look shriveled.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining olive oil in a 1 quart sauce pan. Stir in the garlic and hot red pepper and cook until both are soft. Transfer the tomatoes with any juice to the saucepan.
- Stir in the wine. Cook the mixture over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Love your show, your recipes and you! And taking us to Italy on your visits it’s awesome. Thank you!