Roasted Prawns Oregenata
This recipe comes from guest chef Chris Porter. To call these prawns shrimp would be on oxymoron!
- 6 U(colossal size) head-on wild tiger prawns
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup wine such as Pinot Grigio
- Brioche Bread Stuffing
- 3 cups bread crumbs, made from any hearty bread such as brioche, sourdough, etc.
- 1 cup diced pancetta
- 1 white onion, minced
- 2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 Juice oflemons
- 8 ounces mixed petite salad greens, washed and spun dry
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 Juice oflemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put the diced pancetta into a sauté pan and cook until crispy. Scoop the pancetta from the pan with a slotted spoon and put it in a mixing bowl with the herbs. Put the onion and leeks into the same saute pan with the pancetta drippings and saute them for a few minutes until they have softened a bit. Drain them and add them to the pancetta and herbs along with the bread crumbs and lemon juice. Combine the stuffing ingredients well and set aside.
- Cut prawns in half from the mouth to the tail with the knife going perpendicular to the prawn. Clean out the innards of the prawn, rinse with cold water.
- Set a low wire rack in a baking pan that is big enough to arrange the 6 prawns in a single layer.
- Divide the stuffing and mound it on the bottom on each prawn. Put the top half of the prawn back on top of the bottom to make it look like it's whole. Lay prawns in the roasting pan and pour the mixture of lemon juice, water and wine over them. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until internal temperature is 165°F.
- Blend all the vinaigrette ingredients together until a thickened emulsion forms.
- To serve, arrange the salad greens on a platter. Arrange the prawns on the bed of greens and pour the vinaigrette over the top. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 21 - Episode 2113.
No comments on this recipe.