Roasted Squash Salad
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow summer squash
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Salt and coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut all the squash into 1/4-inch thick round slices. Spread them in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet and bake them turning them once, until soft but not mushy, about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk until well blended. Pour 2 tablespoons of the dressing into a shallow serving dish. Arrange the squash in the dish, slightly overlapping the slices and alternating the colors for a nice visual effect. Pour the remaining dressing over the squash. Cover the dish and marinate at room temperature for several hours, or overnight. Tilt the dish occasionally to move the dressing up and over the squash.
- Note: This makes a delicious appetizer served over grilled slices of bread
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2820.
the sicilian supper episode said to go on this site to see how to obtain italian zucchini seeds, but I can’t find any information about this.