Creamy, crust-less and with a hint of the forest, this delightful baked and rich tasting sage pie is the perfect lunch with a tossed salad.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 sage leaves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1/2 cup grated Asiago or Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a 9 inch pie plate in the oven.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and flour with a whisk. Blend in the sage leaves, milk, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Swirl the butter in the heated pie plate until melted. Pour the egg mixture into the plate and bake until the eggs are set but still soft in the center, about 20 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
This recipe was featured on Season 28 - Episode 2810.