Scallops in Vinaigrette
This recipe is a great starter for a fish themed dinner but is equally as good as a light summer lunch or even an antipasto. Serve it on a bed of shredded radicchio for extra flavor!
- 4 tablespoons good quality rice, sherry or champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 tablespoons Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 2 Juice oflarge lemons
- 1 cup shaved fennel, white part only
- 1 cup Filippo Berio extra light olive oil
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, salt and dry mustard together in a medium size bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until a creamy consistency is obtained. Stir in the thyme leaves and set aside.
- Poach the scallops in simmering salted water, to which the lemon juice has been added, just until they turn opaque. Drain. Cool.
- Cut each scallop crosswise into 4 rounds. Add the scallop rounds to the dressing and toss gently. Let marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan to 375°F. Add the fennel and fry until golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Divide and plate four salad dishes with the scallops; spoon some of the sauce over each one and top with some of the fennel. Serve immediately.
This recipe was featured on Season 23 - Episode 2318.
No comments on this recipe.