Scallops with Spinach
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 to 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Juice and zest oflemon
- 1 tablespoon capers in salt, well rinsed
- 1/2 cup Wondra flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound dry sea scallops, drained of any liquid and dried on paper towels
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 4 cups packed, clean spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss the tomatoes in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of the oil and spread them on a non-stick baking sheet. Roast them for 25 minutes or until they shrivel. Set aside.
- In a small pot, melt the butter, remove from heat, add the lemon juice, zest and capers. Set aside.
- Place flour in a bag or shallow dish; add salt and pepper to taste. Add the dried scallops to bag a few at a time and coat in flour; transfer to a plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in a sauté pan. When oil begins to shimmer, add the scallops and cook about 2 minutes on each side or until crusty. Transfer them to a warm dish. Set aside.
- In same sauté pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add garlic and press on it to flavor the oil; when it begins to turn golden, remove. Add spinach and cook over medium heat until spinach wilts.
- To plate
- Divide spinach between 4 plates. Divide and top spinach with scallops. Divide and add roasted tomatoes around plate. Ladle some of the butter sauce over thedishes and sprinkle them with thyme; add a lemon wedge for garnish.
This recipe was featured on Season 29 - Episode 2901.