Sherry Infused Turkey Gravy
Turkey is king of the table on Thanksgiving and other holidays but don’t overlook making a good gravy to go with it. After the bird cooks and is resting to allow its natural juices to be re-absorbed before serving, make this delicious gravy.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp turkey pan drippings
- 1/4 lb diced pancetta
- 1 small onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add pan drippings. Add pancetta and onion and cook until the pancetta renders its fat and has begun to brown.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until they soften. Stir in flour and coat and cook mixture well. Add parsley, broth and sherry and cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes until mixture is smooth and velvety. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with turkey.
No comments on this recipe.