Sicilian Almond Curls
- 2 Makes at leastdozen
- 3 ½ cups whole blanched almonds
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line several bake sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds with the sugar to a powder. Add the eggs, water and extract and pulse until a ball of dough forms.
- On a lightly floured board, roll whole walnut size balls into 4 inch length ropes and form a U or S shape. Sprinkle them with some of the sliced almonds and place them on the parchment paper.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the cookies are firm to the touch. Let cool slightly on the parchment paper then transfer with a spatula to a wire cooling rack.
- When completely cool, cover the cookies with a dusting of Confectioners sugar.
No comments on this recipe.