Sicilian Bread Loaf / Scaccia
- 26 Ready-made pizza dough spread out into axinch rectangle
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- ½ pound caciocavallo cheese, thinly sliced.
- Spread half of the sauce over middle ¾ of the dough with long sides facing you.
- Lay half the cheese slices over the sauce then fold the left and right sides of dough over the sauce and overlap the sides by 2 inches.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the left side of the dough and fold the right side over and pinch the ends closed.
- Fold the dough in half crosswise and place it in a greased and parchment lined bread pan.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and pierce top of the dough with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in a pre-heated 450F oven until dough is dark brown. Invert loaf onto a cooling rack then turn upright.
- Cut into slices to serve.
This recipe was featured on Season Pronto! - Sicilian Bread Loaf.
No comments on this recipe.