- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Pecorino cheese with black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons currants or chopped raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a bowl soak the breadcrumbs in the milk; let stand a couple of minutes. Mix in all remaining ingredients in order given and combine well
- Wet your hands and form mixture into meatballs then flatten slightly so they are disk shaped. Place them on the baking sheet and cook until nicely browned; internal temp of 155F
- Serve on bed of tomato sauce or just plain as a second course.
- Program 1812 Recipe courtesy of ciaoitalia.com-- Mary Ann Esposito
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1812.