- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Pecorino cheese with black peppercorns
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons currants or chopped raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a bowl soak the breadcrumbs in the milk; let stand a couple of minutes. Mix in all remaining ingredients in order given and combine well
- Wet your hands and form mixture into meatballs then flatten slightly so they are disk shaped. Place them on the baking sheet and cook until nicely browned; internal temp of 155F
- Serve on bed of tomato sauce or just plain as a second course.
- Program 1812 Recipe courtesy of ciaoitalia.com-- Mary Ann Esposito
This recipe was featured on Season 18 - Episode 1812.
ground oats for the bread for gluten free version.
Use actual bread to make the bread crumbs, not the can stuff.
350F for 30 mins was perfect for those wondering! You’ll want to check after 20-25 mins of course. BEST recipe ever for those missing their Nonna’s meatballs!
Add a pound of ground beef and you have a fabulous meatloaf!